Hayward Area Links...
- National Freshwater Fishing Hall Of Fame
- American Birkebeiner
- Northern Wisconsin Trail Information
- Lake Chippewa Flowage Resort Association
- Hayward Lakes – Woods, Water & World Class Events
- Golfing in Hayward
- Trail Conditions in Hayward
- Tubing the Rivers in Hayward
- Horseback Riding in Hayward
- Full Calendar of Events for Hayward
- Lumberjack Shows
|Hayward Lakes welcomes you back to what matters, offering small town services with the conveniences of home. Come & Explore!|
Sawyer County, created in 1883 from Ashland and Chippewa counties by state charter, is named after Philetus Sawyer, a Wisconsin Representative and Senator. Hayward is the county seat of Sawyer County.
Population: 2008- 17,117 persons
Land Area: 1,256.42 square miles